collapse_network:meetings

Meeting agenda

  • Review notes, action items from last meeting
  • Wiki content (we need more content)
  • Other priorities (e.g., organizational, outreach, tech, etc.)
  • Any issues/concerns/feedback?
  • Schedule next call

In attendance

  • Arijuniper
  • Lizzy213
  • Cairn
  • Kill/switch
  • Mike

Minutes

  • Try to involve experts/scientists to provide guidance and advice about collapse and timeline (AMAs)
  • Using the gen public room more often might help us attract and retain people in Riot/Matrix
  • Many people in the collapse groups, many projects that might see benefit being part of a broader network, such as CN… we can help you grow these projects grow and gain attention, more audience, more contributors
  • Page that outlines different article types and a skeleton for each type
  • Stick with wiki profile page for now, keep it public. Move to private profiles over time.
  • Try to feature requested topics on the wiki home page
  • Maybe we pick a theme to focus on for a month, sub-topic fo a week, etc.
  • How about copying content from Wikipedia?
    • Content is maybe too academic
  • Help people find content outside Wikipedia
  • Profiles, requested topics featured on the home page maybe with themese and specific sub-topics, more call outs for content to the CN discussion groups, and subreddit
  • Creating good example content
  • Framing contributions as what do you want to learn? Then learn it by reading and watching videos, etc. and post what you learned as an article.
  • Get some level of commitment from people, try to build in some accountability
  • Solicit specific topics, are you willing? Please put your name on a topic… take an assignment
  • Add milestones. progress bars to homepage
  • Visual bars to show progress, gamification
  • Collaboration topic, something we all want to work on together
  • Head up a group project? Outline smaller items that people can contribute to
    • Growing and finding food, foraging
    • Lizzy will take a shot at subtopics for the growing, finding/foraging topic
    • Mike will work on Covid/pandemic disease and see if there are more relevant subtopics to develop (like supply chain)
  • AMA is high priority
  • Priorities…Sync sign up process with first AMA
  • We need a designer to build the landing page, but okay to have MVP landing page in the short-term
  • Each of us identify 3 people to contact for the AMA
  • Contact and try to schedule
  • Profile pages, encourage people to create a profile page
  • Adding themes and requested topics on home page
  • Next call Wed March 4 at 4pm ET, open call in two weeks
    • arijuniper will let us know if she'd like to reschedule time

Action Items

  • Take down minutes, transfer to wiki - Mike
  • Draft article types, templates - Cairn, JM
  • Each reach out to 3 potential AMA candidates - ALL
  • Flesh out subtopics for major topics
    • Growing, finding/foraging major topic - Lizzy
    • COVID-19 - Mike
  • Move requested (theme, topic, sub-topic) to home page - Kill/Switch

Meeting agenda

  • Goals/priorities
  • Outreach
  • Wiki/content
  • Contributor profiles
  • Schedule next call (Feb 26 @ 4:00pm EST)

In attendance

  • JM
  • Cairn
  • Kill/switch
  • Mike

Minutes

  • Scenario planning for different possible futures, timelines of collapse - Mike will document minutes and add to vision/goals page
  • Try to involve experts/scientists to provide guidance and advice about collapse and timeline
  • Goals/priorities of the network are somewhat vague at this point, but would like to build a global support network with a local element
  • With projects that spin out of the network, such as the wiki
  • Scenario planning - If this happens, this is what we need to do, but if not, we're okay… e.g., persistence of global internet, communications
  • Important to get more people on-board to have critical mass
  • What's the reason to participate in the community, can't just be chat
  • Continuously updated roadmap… to answer the question “what can I do”? “How can I contribute”?
  • Wiki and joining the network are equally important, hard to predict which is more important
  • Using the gen public room more often might help us attract and retain people in Riot/Matrix
  • Many people in the collapse groups, many projects that might see benefit being part of a broader network, such as CN… we can help you grow these projects grow and gain attention, more audience, more contributors
  • We'd want to get agreement from these projects before sharing projects and discussion groups
  • Fediverse as an example of a network of projects (https://fediverse.party/)
  • Skeleton framework of a content page - JM/JO will develop a draft
  • How do we attract more writers?
  • Editorial roles with help maintain standards
  • Need to encourage people to start writing, whatever you like, whatever you think is appropriate, will improve quality of content over time - Mike will message CN members
  • Make it informal, but incentivize quality… maybe as featured content. Promote all-star content.
  • Link strongest pages together
  • /r/collapseskills wiki as a possibility of content that we might pull into collapsepedia
  • Opt-in demographics to assess diversity, diversity and inclusion is important
  • Contributor profiles, easy first page for people to create, puts on a human face, human connection
  • We have the introductions group
  • As a starting point, please create a personal page on the wiki - Mike will encourage CN contributors to create a profile page
  • Optional profile template - K/S will develop a draft template
  • A suite of hosted services, fediverse, peertube instance, would need financial support to make this happen
  • Next meeting Feb 26 at 4:00pm EST

Action items

  • JM and Cairn to draft skeleton framework of a content page
  • K/S to develop optional profile template
  • Mike to encourage CN contributors to create a profile page and contribute content to wiki, writeup minutes, and add to vision/goals page
  • collapse_network/meetings.txt
  • Last modified: 2020/02/26 20:12
  • by admin